- Senate President Wilton Simpson needs to know you SUPPORT SB 578 and the Mobile Home Tie- Down Program! Please use the sample e-mail to voice your support!
- House Speaker Chris Sprowls needs to know you SUPPORT HB 837 and the Mobile Home Tie-Down Program! Please use the sample e-mail to voice your
- The Committee Chairs in the House need to hear
from you. Please use the sample e-mails to urge them to move HB 837 through their Committees!
- The following Committee Chairs in the Senate need to hear from you. Please use the sample e-mails to urge them to move CS/SB 578 through
- AND! Please contact YOUR OWN Senator and
Representative! Go to www.myfloridahouse.gov
Click on Representatives tab and then the Find Your Representative box. Input your address. YOUR Senator and
Representative are listed with the Tallahassee contact information! Ask them to vote YES!!
**The Need to Support SB 578 and HB 837 in 2022**
- The Hurricane Loss Mitigation Program has assisted manufactured/mobile home
owners to strengthen their homes through the inspection and improvement or replacement of their anchoring systems through the Mobile Home Tie-Down Program. Between 1999-2019,
346 communities have been served and 51,565 homes have been strengthened to improve wind resistance and mitigate loss.
- The HLMP, (s. 215.559, F.S.), ends on June 30, 2022.
There are 122 communities on the wait list. It will take approximately 6 years to address the current wait list.